Choosing the perfect gift for friends and family is so much fun and rewarding. What’s not to love about seeing someone’s face light up when they tear into a gift and find exactly what they were hoping for? But, make sure they are equally impressed with your professional-looking wrapping before they send paper and Ribbon flying (to the recycling bin, of course). Make sure they are equally impressed with your professional-looking wrapping before they send paper and Ribbon flying (to the recycling bin, of course).
This guide is about how to package a gift so that it will be appreciated. The manual has steps for folding, Ribbon, wrapping, and more. Read on to find out.
What You’ll Need
When you package a gift, you will need scissors, tape, and wrapping paper so that you can finish the job. Gift tags and wraps can be made from glossy photo paper or card stock, depending on your preference. To complete the look of your gift, you can use a bow. You don’t need to wrap a gift card—just stick it inside a greeting card with a witty note.
Steps of how to package gifts for your loved ones
You can use this list as a guide or make up your own. The important thing is that it’s something they will enjoy and remember. Follow those steps to make a beautiful wrap-
1. Your gift should be placed face-down on top of your wrapping paper. As a rule of thumb, if the gift box is a rectangle, align the longer sides of the box to be parallel to the end of the roll when wrapping the gift. In order to fully wrap the gift box, fold the end of the paper over the gift and wrap it up until it completely covers it. Mark the point in the wrapping paper where the end meets the wrapping paper, and add an inch to this measurement. This number indicates your paper’s width.
2. Make a line from the bottom to the top of the mark, and cut along it. It is always a pleasure to wrap presents using Sugar Paper wrapping paper from Target because it has a grid on the back of it.
The piece of wrapping paper you should now have is wide enough to wrap entirely across your gift but not long enough to wrap it all the way around.
3. It is essential to ensure the box is still in place. Once the wrapping paper is folded up just over halfway up the side of the box, the top edge of the paper should measure just over halfway up the side. If your box is 6 inches high, then you want the paper to measure around 3.5 inches long, for example, if your box is 6 inches high. As well as cutting the top edge of the box, it would help if you cut the bottom edge.
4. You should now be able to wrap your gift box perfectly with a piece of wrapping paper, just the right size. Across all the sides of the box, the paper should wrap all the way across from left to right. In order for the paper to cover the entire box, it should come halfway up the sides from top to bottom.
5. In order for the paper to meet in the middle, you should wrap it up and over the box from the left and right sides. The paper should be taped in place after being pulled taught.
6. The top open end of the paper should be folded over and creased over the corner, as shown in the photo. In order to be sure that this is adhered to the box, tape it down.
7. Repeat the crease as shown in the picture.
8. As shown in the picture, fold the two creased ends inward. Next, the bottom flap should be folded, creased firmly, and taped.
9. Then repeat the process on the other side. Once you’ve completed your picture-perfect gift wrapping, take a step back and admire your work.
10. Make sure that the Ribbon or bow of your choice is attached to the box. You can use a blue ribbon commission or a yellow Ribbon doesn’t matter; just choose whatever your thing looks good.
Hacks for gift wrapping that will change your life
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using Ribbon?
Add certainty to the home selling process by using Ribbon or working with a RibbonCash-empowered buyer.
What is a RibbonCash Offer?
A RibbonCash Offer is guaranteed to close once accepted, even when something comes up last minute.
What Are the Best Gift-Wrapping Techniques?
The thicker, the better.
Wrapping presents a tradition that dates back centuries, as it was the first way to package gifts for giving. With so many different wrapping styles and materials available today, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular and practical gift wrapping ideas to help you wrap them up in class.