When it came to your wedding day, everything went according to plan. You and your loved ones may not be able to realize that your big day is over, and your guests probably feel the same way. After a fantastic day, send them home with a souvenir of their time together.
If you’re planning a big celebration, it is essential to consider what the people who attended will bring back as new memories of their own.
Here are 21 classy and thoughtful wedding favors that guests would love:
1. A personalized photo frame with a special message engraved inside. This is a great idea if you want to ensure everyone has something they can keep forever.
2. A framed print of your favorite picture from the day. If you don’t have any photos, this is a great way to get some taken before the big day.
3. An artfully wrapped gift box filled with a small token of appreciation. You could include a card explaining why you chose each item in the package.
4. A handwritten letter thanking them for attending your wedding. Include details like where they were seated, which part of the ceremony they saw, and anything else you remember about them.
5. A bottle of wine or other beverage of your choice. Wine is always appreciated by anyone, especially when it comes from your home state.
6. A set of custom stationery with a handwritten note. Make sure you choose a design that matches your wedding theme and color scheme.
7. A personalized candle holder with a note attached. Candles are a classic wedding return gift, and these holders look elegant enough to hold candles of different heights.
8. A personalized gift basket. Put together a mix of items representing your wedding day, including treats, flowers, and even a framed print.
9. A pair of earrings or cufflinks made from your engagement ring. They’ll be fun to show off your jewelry collection without having to wear them daily.
10. A personalized mug with a special message on the inside. This makes an excellent hostess gift because it’s easy to drink tea or coffee while working on projects around the house.
11. A personalized journal. Write down all the things you loved about your wedding day and share them with others after the event.
12. A unique piece of artwork created by a local artist. This is a great option if you’re looking for something more than just a souvenir.
13. A personalized gift basket. Put together a mix of items representing your wedding day, including treats, flowers, and even a framed print.
14. A customized keychain with a special message. This is a cute way to remind someone of your wedding day whenever they need a little extra motivation.
15. A personalized bookmark. Add a quote or saying that represents your relationship and use it as a place marker throughout the year.
16. A personalized bottle opener. Make sure to include a handwritten note telling them how much you appreciate them.
17. A personalized calendar. Print out a copy of your wedding date and add events to mark the days until next year.
18. A personalized canvas painting. Paint a scene from your wedding day and hang it somewhere prominent in your home.
19. A personalized poster. Pick a photo from your wedding day and create a collage using images from the rest of your life together.
20. A personalized postcard. Send one to yourself and another to your guests. Include a few lines about what you love most about your wedding day.
21. A personalized thank you note. Tell them exactly what they did to make your wedding memorable, and send a picture of your wedding album.
What are some of the best wedding return gifts for bridesmaids?
Bridesmaids are often overlooked when it comes to wedding return gifts. However, they deserve to receive thoughtful presents. Here are some of the best ways to show your appreciation:
A personalized photo frame. Include a picture of all of your bridesmaids together, along with a personal message.
A personalized jewelry box. This is a perfect present for bridesmaids who want to keep their favorite pieces close at hand.
A personalized journal. Bridesmaids enjoy writing down memories, so this is a great choice.
A personalized notebook. Write notes about each bridesmaid’s personality, hobbies, interests, etc.
A personalized mug. These mugs are adorable and will help your bridesmaids stay warm while drinking tea or hot chocolate.
A personalized phone case. These cases are easy to carry around, adding a little style to your cell phone.
A personalized necklace. Personalized necklaces are a great option because they can be worn every day.
A personalized keychain. Keychains are small enough to fit anywhere and make great wedding return gifts.
A personalized bracelet. Bracelets are versatile and can be used as a fashion accessory or a keepsake.
A personalized scarf. Scarves are a great way to dress up an outfit and make great wedding return gifts for bridal parties.
What are some of the best wedding favor ideas for groomsmen?
Groomsmen are another group that deserves to get something special. Here are some ideas for them:
A customized golf shirt. Golf shirts are comfortable and great for showing off your team spirit.
A custom watch. Groomsmen love watches, and they’re a unique gift that will never go out of style.
A custom tie rack. Custom tie racks are a great way to display ties, and they’re a lot easier than trying to find one you like in a store.
A custom belt buckle. Belts are practical, and they’re a stylish addition to any outfit.
A custom pair of cufflinks. Cufflinks are a classic way to finish an outfit and a must-have for groomsmen.
A custom pocket square. Pocket squares are a classic way to complete an outfit, and they look great on both men and women.
A custom barware set. Barware sets are a fun way to serve drinks and a thoughtful wedding return gift for groomsmen. They’re also a good idea if you have many groomsmen.
A custom luggage tag. Luggage tags are useful and a nice touch for guests traveling with you.
A custom travel mug. Travel mugs are handy, and they’re a cute way to drink coffee on the road.
A custom bottle opener. Bottle openers are useful and make great practical gifts for friends and family.
Things to consider while choosing a wedding return gift
When selecting a wedding return gift, think about what type of person is receiving the gift. If you know someone’s personality, you can select a gift that fits their interests. For example, if you know that your friend likes to cook, then a kitchen gadget would be appropriate. Or, if you know that she loves to read, then a book might be perfect. When selecting a wedding return gift, there are several things to consider:
Choose a gift that’s appropriate for the occasion. For example, if you’re giving a wedding return gift to someone getting married, choose something that reflects the couple’s personality.
The recipient’s personality. For example, a practical joke might be appropriate if someone is outgoing and friendly. On the other hand, if someone is shy or reserved, a thoughtful gift would be more appropriate.
Consider the recipient’s interests. For example, some people like sports, others like arts and crafts, and others enjoy cooking. Choose a gift based on what the person would love.
The budget available. Of course, you don’t want to spend more than necessary on a wedding return gift, so check out your budget. After all, you have a wedding to plan, and they can be expensive.
Ask friends and family what they want. If you know someone who is getting married, ask them what their favorite items are. You may even have some leftover wedding presents from previous celebrations.
What the recipient already has. If the person doesn’t have any of these items, then buying one might not be practical.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are wedding favors?
A wedding favor is a tiny show of gratitude from the newlyweds to their guests. Attendees at your wedding join in the joy of your special day and the significance of this point in your relationship’s history. It is a great way to show your appreciation for their attendance and support at your event.
Why are there wedding favors?
Brides traditionally give favors at their wedding reception to say thank you to their guests. It’s a small token of appreciation to communicate affection and gratitude to those who share the bride’s special day.
How much do most people spend on wedding favors?
That being said, The Wedding Report indicates that, in 2019, U.S. couples spent an average of $241 on wedding favors. Newman, however, advises her clients to budget between $10 and $20 per guest for favors. If the favor is a food item, that estimate can occasionally be lowered to $5 per guest.
Are wedding favors a must?
Wedding favors are a sweet way to add a custom touch to your big day; you can choose something reflective of you as a couple or a fun element that ties into your wedding destination or decor. Let’s start with one major caveat: You do not NEED to have wedding favors at your wedding.
When did wedding favors become popular?
Wedding guests were getting nice and full on all the sweet treats, but it wasn’t until after the 18th century that other favors became popular.
What do wedding guests care about?
Guests do care about how on time everything happens. Starting your wedding ceremony late or listing an earlier than expected start time to prevent any late arrivals leads to unhappy guests. Instead, schedule extra time on the morning of your wedding for hair and makeup, photos, and travel so you stay on time.
How much should a couple give at a wedding?
Starting at $100 is a good starting point for wedding gifts, but you can increase or decrease that depending on how close you are to the wedding. It is possible to spend more money if you are very close to or related to the couple (and if you have the budget for it).
Do you give wedding favors to each guest?
Ideally, guests at the reception, including the wedding party, any children present, and the entertainers, should all receive a wedding favor. Children might receive a special and distinct favor, especially for them.
Is it rude not to have wedding favors?
In today’s wedding world, it’s okay not to have wedding favors. When wedding planning, you need to think about what you want out of your big day – it is yours, after all.
Can you have more than one wedding favor?
Extra wedding favors can come in handy if some of the favors are damaged, broken, or lost during the shipping process. This is especially applicable for destination weddings where you may not have enough time to get a new shipment before the big day.
The best wedding favor is something that fits with your wedding’s style and theme. Some stores that sell wedding party favors also sell personalized wedding party favors so that you can give your wedding guests something unique.
You can also think about how much you want to spend on the wedding favor to figure out what will work best for your plans. But remember that you can order and get wedding favors in bulk a long time before the wedding. This gives you time to put together the favors and tie up loose ends.