If you have an Apple device, you might be wondering if you can use an Apple Gift Card with Apple Pay. The answer is yes! You can add your gift card to Apple Pay and use it just like any other credit or debit card.
How to add Apple Gift Cards to Wallet App on your iPhone (iOS 12) 4K
- 1) Open the Wallet app on your iPhone
- If you don’t have Wallet, download it from the App Store
- 2) Tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner
- 3) Under “Passes,” tap “Scan Code
- ” If you don’t see “Scan Code,” tap Add Credit or Debit Card and then scan your code
- 4) Use the camera to scan your gift card, or enter the card number manually
- If you’re asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them now
- 5) After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next
- Then review Terms and Conditions and tap Agree if you accept them
- 6) Set up a Security code for use with this pass by tapping Change Security Code (iPhone 6s or later)
- Or choose Activate Later if you want to set up a security code later in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay; otherwise enter a security code now 7) Enter billing information for additional purchases made with this credit balance 8 ) When finished adding your gift card details, tap Done
Can I Add Apple Gift Card to Apple Cash
Apple Cash is a feature that allows you to send and receive money from friends and family using iMessage. You can also use Apple Cash to make purchases in stores, online, or in apps. If you have an Apple Gift Card, you can add the balance of the card to your Apple Cash account.
To add an Apple Gift Card to your Apple Cash account: 1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone. 2. Tap on the Apple Pay icon at the top of the screen.
Can You Apple Pay With an Apple Gift Card?
Yes, you can use an Apple Gift Card with Apple Pay. When you add your Apple Gift Card to Wallet, you can use it like any other credit or debit card. If you have a balance on your Apple Gift Card, you can use it to make purchases through Apple Pay.
Just hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID or Face ID.
How Do I Add an Apple Gift Card to My Apple Wallet?
Assuming you already have the Apple Wallet app installed on your iPhone:
1. Open the Apple Wallet app and tap the “+” sign in the upper-right corner.
2. Under “Passes,” tap “Scan Code.”
If you don’t see “Scan Code,” tap Edit Passes and turn on Scan Code. 3. Hold your iPhone over the code on your Apple Gift Card until it’s scanned. If you’re having trouble scanning, make sure that there’s nothing obscuring the code, including glare from a plastic bag or lint on the back of the card.
You can also enter your code manually by tapping “You can also enter it manually.” 4. Tap Next, then review your information to make sure that it’s correct. Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions, then tap Add in the upper-right corner of your screen.
If you have an Apple Gift Card, you can add it to your Apple Pay account and use it for purchases. To add an Apple Gift Card to your Apple Pay account, open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap on the “+” sign. Then, tap on “Add Credit or Debit Card.”
From there, select “Apple Gift Card” and enter the 16-digit code on the back of the card. Once the card is added, you can use it to make purchases anywhere that accepts Apple Pay.